Monday, January 7, 2008

Black Tide Rising...

Post #10
It's not every day where I have a chance to review a band prior to the release of their debut album. With Black Tide I have that chance & I'm taking it! Slated for release next month on February 5th, their debut album, "Light From Above", is already on my radar of CDs to collect soon. In addition to picking up their promo/single at Hot Topic, I've also had the opportunity to see these guys live at Ozzfest this past summer. They really rock (especially their singer/guitarist/songwriter who's only 17)!
They instantly caught my ear at Ozzfest because I arrived while they were covering Metallica's "Hit the Lights". They sounded great live, and their 2-song single is equally impressive. They have a classic-metal feel: Great guitar solos, catchy riffs, good mid-range vocals. Overall Black Tide remind me of bands like Avenged Sevenfold & Trivium (both of which I plan to blog about in the future!) So if you want to jump on the bandwagon of a young & promising new heavy metal band, give Black Tide a listen.
I can easily recommend the 2 songs on their single:
-Shockwave
-Warriors of Time

Check out their website: http://www.blacktidemusic.com/

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I figured it out! I'm reading-rachel.blogspot.com! That little hyphen made all the difference. I'm going to see if I can remember how to add a link to your blog, wish me luck!

Rachel said...

Ha! You did not freak me out. Bloggerland tends to lead to interactions with random people. You can leave the link up if you want to, makes no difference to me!