Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Motley Crue

Post #93 Poll Winner: Favorite Hair-Metal band.
As the 70's turned over to the 80's, the heavy metal scene was on the brink of a new era. In Los Angeles the scene that was about to hit big was glam-metal or hair-metal. It was to be an era of heavy metal where the songs were focused less on speed and more on catchy melodies and attitude. One of the first bands that developed a following and went on to be one of the most popular LA bands for the 80's was Motley Crue.

Motley Crue lived the excessive lives of rock-stars to the fullest, and the lyrics of their music often reflected that lifestyle. They prided themselves on their reckless nature. For several years they attracted like-minded fans, but also wrote many catchy tunes. Their success followed the trend of their music which improved in quality with each album, culminating when Dr. Feelgood, their 5th album, reached #1 on the US Billboard charts.

Shortly after, they released their first 'Best Of' compilation, Decade of Decadence, before original vocalist Vince Neil left the band for a solo career. It would be many, many years before the band would see success like this again. But this is the era for which they are still best remembered.

For the best of Motley Crue from the 80's check out these tunes:
-Live Wire
-Shout At The Devil
-Looks That Kill
-Wild Side
-Dr. Feelgood
-Kickstart My Heart
-Rock N' Roll Junkie
-Primal Scream

3 comments:

Rodrigo Trupp said...

Hi I believe you sent a message on Redemption's small review I made, thanks for stopping by and live a comment sure you can post anything!

cheers!

cool blog by the way!

I can use yours as my favorite links too?

RT

headbanger_71369 said...

Yeah, I've been to your blog a few times. By all means add a link to my blog. I'll do the same! Thanks for checking out my blog!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed Motley Crue up to Dr.Feelgood. I think their first few albums were their finest. Good writing man!!